Become a Rep

What is being a Parent Rep all about?

Firstly –  you need to be the parent or carer of a child or young person aged 0 -25 who has SEND (Special Education Needs and/or Disabilities).  They need to live in or receive services from Hertfordshire County Council or health services.

Secondly – you want to make a difference and improve services for all children with SEND not just your own child/children.

Thirdly  –  you have links with other parents of children and young people with SEND.

Finally – be willing to work with others, learn how to make a difference and be patient as change always take time.

Currently we have parent rep vacancies for people interested in working on:

DSPLs, Therapies (particularly OT), Children Looked After (CLA), Down’s Syndrome, and ESMA (Education support for medical absence).

We would also particularly welcome parents and carers of CYP with visual impairments, multisensory impairments and physical and/or neurological impairments and anyone who could represent a more seldom heard group.

If you are interested in finding our more about becoming a parent representative please click here to contact us or phone HPCI on 07871 337399.